Monday, March 14, 2011

Quick Bite: Three Sheets

Sunday morning, the Sig-O and I wake up not sure what time it is because of that pesky daylight savings time change, which is kind of irrelevant since really we were just hungry. Being in the know comes with benefits, so I say, "How about we go check out the brunch at Three Sheets?" Sig-O, "Huh, where?" Me, "On Ross, and it's free this weekend and the mimosas are $1" Ok, let's go.

So, we get over to Three Sheets, which still requires you to valet on Sundays, which I'm not crazy about, but whatever. We go in, it's kind of dark, but I'm not complaining since it's a Sunday after a certain friend's birthday party and there might have been grown up jello and grown up watermelon. We venture to the patio anyway to check and see if there's a table, no such luck. Sig-O is more than ok with returning to the indoor bar cave, so we did. A cheery waitress came up and told us it was free brunch (food only) and $1 mimosas, along with some other drink specials I didn't listen too because it was too early to think about jaeger or patron. The brunch menu covers most of your basics - eggs, toast, breakfast tacos, biscuits and gravy, and breakfast pizza, as well as the obligatory sides of bacon, sausage and home fries.

I went with the breakfast pizza, which essentially was like an omlette on a pizza crust. I'm not complaining at all. The crust on that breakfast pizza made me want to come back and try their dinner pizzas (which are free on Monday nights). It included sausage, mushrooms, broccoli and cheese. It was good. I imagine it would be particularly good at helping one get over a hangover without having all the extra-greasy food. Sig-O went with the biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon (it's free, live a little!) Not as pleased with the biscuits and gravy, which could have used another biscuit or two added to this small serving. I know, I know, our servings are too big, but this one was kind of small and the presentation was lacking. The gravy tasted good, but wasn't quite warm enough, probably due to that extra lap around the dining room that it took. But the bacon. Holy goodness, the bacon. Cooked perfectly - that not crispy, but not too soft doneness, along with the fantastic smoky flavor, I'm all about ordering the bacon every time.

And there were a few mimosas. At $1 each, what do you expect? That alone would get me to return to Three Sheets. The bacon and food are bonuses.

Oh, and sorry, your brunch won't be free because last weekend was the last one. I know, I should have told you about it, but I didn't even know until Saturday night. My apologies. But really, this place is so cool I'm hitting it up for happy hour later this week. Catch you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment